This year, our practice challenges you to ring in the new year with a list of resolutions to help you achieve pristine oral health! Everyone knows the saying, “new year, new me,” and nothing makes a greater first impression in the new year than a stunning, youthful smile. Practicing proper oral hygiene and addressing dental issues as they arise can keep your mouth and teeth in top-notch shape.
Healthy Smile Resolutions
We’ve created a list of some of our top smile resolutions to help you enjoy a healthy smile for many years to come.
- Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day — The simple act of brushing your teeth can result in fresher breath, fewer cavities, and fewer dental problems down the road.
- Floss everyday — Flossing helps reduce gum recession and keeps food residue from building up between your teeth and gums.
- Eat healthier — Having a balanced diet full of vitamins and nutrients, while avoiding snacks full of sugar, can help you maintain strong, healthy teeth.
- Use products containing fluoride — Fluoride helps protect your teeth from cavities and makes them more resistant to bacteria and acid build-up.
- Visit the dentist every six months — It’s recommended that you get a routine check-up every six months to professionally clean your teeth and check for any potential dental issues.
The Importance of Good Oral Health
If you stay on top of your oral health, hygiene, and dental visits, your natural teeth can last a lifetime! By visiting us every six months, we’re able to detect and treat any dental problems before they turn into larger, more complex issues. When it comes to your oral health, it’s better to be proactive because it will save you both time and money in the future. To learn more about how to accomplish your smile resolutions, contact our office. One of our knowledgeable team members would be happy to speak with you about your smile goals!